Address the needs of librarians and library workers
Professional development is a broad category. I want to focus on ensuring that ALA is a place where librarians and library workers can have opportunities to grow and develop their careers. I want to develop labs and workshops that will address the latest needs of librarians and library workers especially at ALA conferences.
Increase library funding
Strengthen our Advocacy efforts, which already include:
- Frontline Fundraising- Helping libraries help themselves, using our advocates nationally and locally to advocate for libraries
- Grassroots and social networking
- Grasstop advocacy – Develop a robust national and state advocacy program where all stakeholders are working together for libraries.
Strengthen and unify our association
I want all our members to work together for all libraries- We are all working for healthy library programs and I want us to stand up for libraries regardless of which division and roundtable we join.
- More effective workforce
- Healthy library programs providing increased service to the communities we serve
- Modern library association for a modern profession
We are stronger when we speak with one voice.